6. Bid on an Online auction
Once you are registered for an auction, you can bid in two ways:1. A simple bid
2. An automatic bid .
- On the lot form, click on Single bid of € X
- The bid increment is calculated automatically in relation to the fixed price decided by the seller and by previous bids.
- If a bid is placed within the last three minutes of an auction, some additional time is added, to allow participants to overbid.
- You will receive an email each time someone bids against you, to allow you to outbid them.
- At the end of the auction, you will receive an email summarising your purchases
Thanks to the automatic bid system, it is no longer necessary to sign in to bid against someone each time that you are outbid.
You can simply indicate the maximum amount that you would like to pay for an item, and the system takes care of the rest.How it works:
- From the lot form, click on place an automatic bid
- Enter the maximum amount that you wish to pay for the item (without fees), then click confirm
- Moniteur Live then bids automatically, beginning with the next bid increment of the object.
- If no one bids on this lot, you can win it for a price lower than your maximum bid.
- If someone bids on this lot, Moniteur Live outbids them automatically until your maximum has been reached.. You will be alerted by email once your auction has finished.
- If an internet user bids the same amount as your maximum bid before you or enters a maximum bid higher than yours, you will receive an email alert. You can then decide whether to counter the bid or not.
- In the case of two automatic bids of the same amount, it is the first registered that will be taken into account.
You can, at any time, delete or edit an automatic bid.
If a bid is placed within the last three minutes of an auction, some additional time is added, to allow participants to overbid.
You will receive an email alert. It is then up to you whether to bid again!